Salads can be so mundane but this recipe isn’t lacking in the flavor department. Using zucchini noodles instead of different varieties of lettuce makes your meal less salad-y, way more fun to eat and packs the nutritional benefits of zucchinis (ie dietary fiber and lots of folates.) Salad game strong!
2 raw lobster tails, about 10 oz. each (you could also buy this pre-cooked and skip the first step in this recipe, FYI)
2 strips of turkey bacon
1 box Veggie Noodle Co. Zucchini Spirals
1 ear of corn, shucked
½ cup cherry tomatoes
½ avocado, pitted and peeled
1 boiled egg
freshly cracked pepper, to garnish
For the dressing:
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
1 teaspoon country dijon mustard
3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1 pinch red pepper flakes
salt and pepper, to taste
- Fill a pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add in the lobster tails and cook for 8 minutes. Drain into a colander and remove the meat from the tails, chop, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, on another burner, place a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray. Once heated, add in the bacon and cook until crispy, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- While the lobster and bacon cook, open Zucchini Spirals and set aside, dividing into two bowls (these will be what you eat the salad from, so pick a wide pasta or salad bowl.)
- Once the lobster is done, refill the same pot halfway with water and place the corn and a pinch of salt. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cook for 2-3 minutes or until the corn is fork-tender. Remove, drain into a colander and once cool enough to handle, shave the kernels off the cob and set aside.
- While the corn cooks, prepare the rest: quarter the cherry tomatoes, crumble the cooked bacon, slice (or dice) the avocado, and quarter the boiled egg. Set everything aside.
- Place all of the ingredients for the dressing into a food processor and pulse until creamy. Taste and adjust if necessary. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Now, it’s time to assemble your salads! Top the zucchini noodle bowls evenly with cherry tomatoes, bacon, corn, avocado, boiled egg and lobster. Drizzle the bowls with the dressing and serve with freshly cracked pepper.