Everyone knows that bacon makes everything better. We also think that butternut spirals make everything better! When we stumbled upon this recipe our mouths started to water and we knew we had to share. Enjoy!
1 box Veggie Noodle Co. Butternut Spirals
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Kosher salt and freshly grounded black pepper
4 slices thick bacon, sliced crosswise into small strips
1 onion, thickly sliced
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
1/4 cup (2 0z.) mascarpone cheese
Freshly grated pecorino Romano cheese, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400º.
- Toss the noodles with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Lay the noodles evenly onto a baking sheet (they will overlap). Roast the noodles for 10-15 minutes, or until “al dente”.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until crisp in a large skillet over medium high heat, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Discard all but about 2 teaspoons of the bacon grease.
- Return the pan back to medium heat and add in the onion. Sauté the onion until lightly brown, about 2 minutes, then add in the garlic. Toss in the roasted butternut squash noodles.
- Turn the heat down to low and add in the chicken broth, spinach, and mascarpone cheese. Stir well to melt the cheese and combine everything.
- Transfer the “pasta” to serving plates and top with crisp bacon and a sprinkle of Romano cheese.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
Original blog by Keri at Fashionable Foods. Follow her on Facebook and Instagram!