Mix up weeknight dinners with this wildly flavorful and healthy Asian inspired peanut chicken and veggies dish! Simple, light, refreshing, ready in 40 minutes, wildly flavorful peanut chicken zucchini noodles. Nothing but pure protein, colorful veggies, and the most delectable and savory peanut sauce. Anything but boring, bland, and routine. You’ll really love this dish because (1) it’s mind-blowing simple, (2) couldn’t be any healthier, and (3) you can change up the vegetables and protein. We’re replacing regular noodles with zucchini noodles and you won’t even miss regular pasta. The zucchini noodles completely soak up every bit of the savory peanut sauce.
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil (you’ll need more for the peanut sauce below)1
- 2 teaspoons minced or chopped garlic
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage (red)
- 1 large bell pepper, thinly sliced (red)
- 1 box Veggie Noodle Co. Zucchini Spirals
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked & shredded (about 2-3 cups)
- Toppings: 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds, handful of cilantro, 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha or any hot chile sauce
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of sesame oil and the garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the carrots, cabbage, and pepper slices. Cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are a little tender. (I usually begin the peanut sauce, step 2, during this time.) Once tender, add the zucchini noodles and shredded chicken to the skillet. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes until the zucchini is a little softer and chicken is warm. Turn off the stove and remove from heat. Set aside. (*If your skillet isn’t quite big enough, you can do this step in batches.)
- Combine all of the peanut sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat. Whisk constantly until the peanut butter has melted and everything is combined. I usually use 2 teaspoons of Sriracha, but use the amount of heat you like.
- Once the sauce is heated through, pour over chicken/vegetables. Toss everything around until combined. Place on a serving dish (or not!) and top with sesame seeds, cilantro, peanuts, and green onion. Serve immediately.
- Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for a few days. Reheat to your liking.
Prep time: 30 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Total time: 40 mins