Our new Beet Spirals and Butternut Spirals launched in Whole Foods in Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and Oklahoma last week and we’ve been enjoying the wonderful feedback from our customers! Although we think both varieties are delicious… we’re going to give a shout out to beets today.
Loaded with magnesium, potassium, fiber, phosphorus and iron, beets should be a staple in your diet. If they aren’t already, welcome our convenient beet spirals into your life!
This Mediterranean dish served as an appetizer with baked pita chips will have you feeling the breeze of Greece. Kick back with friends by the pool and enjoy this un-beet-able dish.
- 1/2 cup halved yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup halved yellow red tomatoes
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley, plus 1 tsp for garnish
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 10 pitted Kalamta olives
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 box Veggie Noodle Co. Beet Spirals
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 oz. feta
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the cheese and parsley for garnish.
Place the cheese in the center of a large oven-safe skillet or casserole dish. Top and surround it with beet noodle mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, until the beet noodles wilt. Serve hot garnished with remaining parsley.
Original blog by Gina at Skinny Taste. Follow her on Facebook, Instagram and Twi