Traditional shrimp scampi made into a low-carb dish with zucchini noodles. It’s unbelievably easy, quick & healthy! The texture is amazingly tender with a little bit of bite, and you can twirl it up just like pasta. And it goes beautifully in this buttery, garlicky shrimp scampi with all that vibrant lemon goodness. Best of all, there’s no need to feel guilty about eating this at all!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 boxes of Veggie Noodle Co. Zucchini Spirals
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer; stir in zucchini noodles until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan and parsley, if desired.
Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Total time: 25 mins
Original blog by Damn Delicious. Follow on Facebook, Instagram and Twi